Old July 3rd 04, 02:22 AM
The Weiss Family

"Rosspilot" wrote in message
I once flew from Lake Tahoe to Reno at night . . . one of the most

memorable
flights of my life.

I saw the rotating green and white beacon from 20 south of the field (or

so I
thought)
but it turned out to be a military field just north of Reno--when I

realized my
error, I was almost directly over Canon. The tower cleared me for 25, and

landed uneventfully. The return flight was just incredible . . . I

clicked on
the Lake Tahoe runway lights from out over the lake and it lit up with

strobes
and
the brightest runway lights I had ever seen.
Landed, taxied to FBO, tied plane down and dropped keys and book in a box
outside the office. It was only 8:30 PM but there wasn't a breathing soul

at
the airport. It was completely deserted.
www.Rosspilot.com

Boy, that must have been a long time ago.
It's probably been 15 years since the airport was called Reno-Cannon.
It's Reno-Tahoe now.