Old July 8th 04, 08:49 PM
Bruce A. Frank

Many interesting suggestions. One that has worked for me is using a can
of "dry" lubricant. The type I used, can't remember the brand, goes on
leaving a tightly adhered powdery look. Several coatings were made after
the solvent flashed of each time. This stuff is designed for surfaces
that cannot tolerate oil that might attract dirt.

I have used this product to prevent sticking on both fiberglass lay-ups
and epoxy and silicone rubber castings.

Another product that I have used in a pinch is a product similar to
LPS3. It sprays on and leaves a thin waxy film (like paraffin) with no
contamination to the part. I think this stuff was originally intended to
protect guns in storage, leaving a dry non-smeary surface when the guns
were handled.

wrote:

i planning on building a few fiberglass pieces from a mold this weekend
but don't have time to order a release agent.
From looking at the internet, most release agents are wax based products.
Can I just use paste wax for the mold?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"

While trying to find the time to finish mine.