Old September 4th 20, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default COBRA Anti-Sway Coupler

On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 2:42:41 PM UTC-4, Eric Greenwell wrote:
kinsell wrote on 9/4/2020 11:21 AM:
On 9/4/20 12:08 PM, Dan Marotta wrote:
I've driven to Minden and to Bishop towing my glider and have seen the speed
limit signs:Â* Vehicles with Trailers - 55 mph.Â* It's absolutely ridiculous, but
I was also checked for bringing fruit into the state. The same state that seems
to want an open southern border...

Did you see the signs warning it's illegal to have a car GPS on the middle of the
dash?Â* Lower left or lower right corner of windshield only!Â* Gruesome Newsome
knows what's best for you.

Ram Mounts company and other entities are very clear the device can be mounted
anywhere on the dash as long as it does obstruct your view, but it can not be
mounted on the windshield unless it's in the lower left or lower right corners.

Seems reasonable to me.

My car owner's manual says it is unsafe to put a GPS or phone in front of the A-pillar airbags, lest it become a lethal projectile when they go off.