Old September 23rd 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Default Cessna Cardinal 177 RG II v. Piper Arrow III (70s) v. Piper ArrowIII (brand new)

Dan Luke wrote:
"Morgans" wrote:

My airplane has been parked 2 mi. from Mobile Bay for nearly 7 years and

has

no corrosion. It gets Corrosion-X'd at every other annual.

Tell us more about that. What is it, that you do, on every other annual?

While the shop has all the covers off to do the usual annual stuff, they use
a long applicator wand to spray a fine mist of the material throughout the
interior metal surfaces of the airplane. It flows out and penetrates into
seams, fasteners, etc.

There is one downside of this treatment: the fluid will weep out of seams in
the airplane for several months and attract dirt, requiring additional
washing.

You know, all our friends with white airplanes complain of this. With
the dark blue we didn't notice it until we REALLY looked for it. We've
repainted a brighter blue and haven't treated it yet, so we don't know
if it will be obvious.

Margy