Old June 29th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
K Baum

Default Chinese (and other) pilots unable to speak English pose danger for air travel (CNN)

On Jun 29, 4:39 am, "El Maximo" wrote:

Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"
Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."
Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in
Germany. Why must I speak English?"

What is interesting is that in Mexico and parts of South America, the
controllers speak Spanish with local (or domestic) flights, and
english with international flights.
KB.