Old August 18th 20, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

On Monday, August 17, 2020 at 1:46:17 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
kinsell wrote on 8/17/2020 12:51 PM:
On 8/16/20 5:16 PM, jld wrote:

Indeed I don't have the truth but when I try to connect the dots, the near
future seems promising. Q1 2021 is 6 months away and if GP is correct should
show an increase in production rate and start of deliveries in EU soon after.

Unfortunately, this doesn't cover "fool me twenty-seven times . . ."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al2z7t3M9Og

How can they increase their production rate? They haven't stabilized the design,
they're still trying to figure out how to deliver on the amazing promises they've
made.

The latest (Aug 2020) published remarks on the situation are on the GP website at

https://www.gpgliders.com/news/project-update-august

"We expect to freeze the general design of the GP 14 VELO and GP 15 JETA in Q1 2021"

That means no production will begin until AFTER Q1 2021 - at the earliest. "Expect" is a non-committal word, as opposed to "will." Also, the weight change from 450kg to 600kg clearly wasn't design driven, but regulatory driven, meaning it can't be relied upon.

Tom