Old March 5th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

Default *********A DEFENCE FOR MXMORAN***********

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Mike Ash writes:

"If the sense of balance were useful, you'd be able to walk around
safely with your eyes closed. The fact that you cannot demonstrates that
it is not useful."

I have no trouble walking with my eyes closed. The vestibular system is
designed for that. It's not designed for flying, however.

Pray tell, how do you avoid running into walls, falling down stairs,
getting hit by cars, etc. when you do that?

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth