Old July 13th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

Default OSH Sleeping

"Douglas Paterson" wrote in message ...
OSH First-Timer (hopefully!) here. Assuming I can get the plane out of annual in time, I plan to make the trip!

I'm curious about lodging. I snagged a room at the Super 8 on the field. Outrageous prices, of course, and I also
wonder if I'm missing an essential part of the experience by not camping. A couple of years ago at Sturgis, I decided
I was done with camping--but that was for reasons of my back & sleeping on the ground. Aside from my back not being
what it was 20 years ago, I enjoy camping, so perhaps a good air mattress would solve my problem, and that will be
easier to pack in a plane than a motorcycle. Any thoughts here?

--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight Zone"

Air mattress works great. Be sure to bring an electric air pump! What year is your plane? Vintage (any plane earlier
than '68) is great and odds are you can park close to the flight line...