Old November 21st 19, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Put your money where the risk is

wrote on 11/21/2019 4:24 AM:
However, on the other hand, My ag flying buddies think I am already “mental” for flying xc in a glider, and my soaring buddies think the same thing when they see me doing it in one with the glide ratio of a rock.

I would be much more comfortable flying your "rock" at altitude for hours, than
flying an airplane at a few hundred feet for half the time. I would feel like I
was on short final all the time, without a runway in sight.