Old August 24th 03, 02:39 PM
John Alger

(Pechs1) wrote in message ...
Got it yesterday and it looks like a great read(loved the part about the BOQ).
Any other books you can recommend about the air war in VN, other than the
excellent suggestions at the beginning of your book?

Don't know which are listed in Ed's book, so this list might be a
little redundant, but here are some I have in my library:

"Scream of Eagles: The Creation of Top Gun and the U.S. Air Victory in
Vietnam"
by Robert K. Wilcox - Out of print (listed on Amazon as used,
available)

"On Yankee Station" by CDR John B Nichols USN(ret)- stll available
from USNI Press.

The following are paperbacks I have - don't know availability.

"Alpha Strike Vietnam" by Jeffrey L. Levinson

"Over the Beach - The Air War in Vietnam" by Zalin Grant

"Feet Wet - Reflections of a Carrier Pilot" by RADM Paul T. Gilchrest.

All are excellent.

John Alger