Old August 10th 04, 01:51 AM
tvlawyer

Last year I moved a 172 to Kissimmee from Atlanta. I flew home through MCO.
I was given the once-over several times, no thanks to my pilot bag full of
headset, GPS, handheld VHF and approach plates.

"Jeremy Zawodny" wrote in message
Carl Buehler wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies to this group and private
email. This info is very helpful. I do have another question?
We are flying to Minden from Florida. And I was planning on just carring
a carry-on. But wanted to bring some soaring equipment.

Hand held Aviation radio (Vertex Standard)
Ball Cricket Vario
Garmin GPS 76S
ASA CX2 flight computer
Several battery chargers.

A second small carry-on. SouthWest allows two.

Camera bag with digital Video camcorder
and Digital Camera.

Will I have any trouble carring these items with
Airport security measures the way they are?

I don't think so. I flew to Florida earlier this year with similar
equipment. I was there for a conference but got in a good day of flying
at Seminole Lake too. :-)

Jeremy