Old February 28th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

On Feb 28, 1:18*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Phil J wrote:
Germany's use
of advanced technology and advanced tactics put them ahead of every
other country on the planet at that time.

Only part of that is true. At the start of the war German tanks were
generally regarded as inferior to their contemporaries. It was generally
superior tactics and training that won their battles. In fact at the outset
of the invasion of Russia, the Russian T-34 was superior in pretty much
every way to anything the Germans had. (I wasted part of my youth playing
board wargames such as Avalon Hill's "PanzerBlitz" and learned a bit about
the equipment and tactics of the era.)

Refs:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_...ki/Panzerblitz

Definitely, not every weapon they had was superior. But their
combination of fast motorized infantry supported with armor and dive-
bombers and their Blitzkrieg tactics made them pretty hard to beat.
Their fighter aircraft weren't too shabby either, especially the
FW-190.

Phil