Old May 9th 05, 12:45 PM
Denny

Fat Albert the Apache dines on a diet of the cheapest, stinkiest,
crapola, 83 octane, gas I can find... He only gets toxic, lead spewing,
plug fouling, valve sticking, 100LL, on trips where I can't get to the
gas station....

My mechanic is mumbling because the plugs have gone 4 years and way
over 400 hours and are going strong... This annual he said he HAD to
change the plugs because of the hours, he felt he JUST couldn't sign
them off for another year... I said, "Fine, JUST as long as you are
paying for them!"... He changed the subject...

I lean by the EGT at 70% or higher... On local flights I am normally at
60 - 65% power, lean em until they go rough, and smile...

ymmv, sar, bni

denny