Old November 16th 03, 01:59 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:06:48 -0500, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

A friend in Florida rigged up his own non-magneto ignition robbed from a
late-model motorcycle and installed it on his O-200-powered Murphy Renegade.
If I recall correctly he has it set up to advance itself as much as 35
degrees. Any more anecdotes about nonstandard ignition boxes?

I want to use one on the IO-360 Continental. And did you know ---- full
advance timing on that engine is 20 degrees btdc? It doesn't seem right,
does it?

Doesn't *SEEM* right?

WoW....
Here's a piece of solid engineering data
we can hang our hats on and put to good use.

Inform Continental immediately of your discovery.
Save the world... and maybe a whale or two? g

Lightspeed Klaus used to advance timing on his O-200 to as much as 45 deg.
btdc. I wonder if he still does. I was just reading Klaus's
denunciation of the magneto as something of an ancient relic. I think I
agree with him.

1. Isn't Klaus's denunciation..... an infomercial?
2. Has not "thinking" gotten you into a ton of trouble, before?

P.S.
Purchased that T-Craft prop yet?

If you think that prop is expensive...
Write a check for two of Klaus's spark boxes.
Better yet, try again having great fun with a credit card.

FWIW --
I'm into cost benefit ratios that benefit ME,
not the seller of a 'better' mouse trap.

In the marketplace....
The magneto remains a very intelligent
and viable choice for most GA missions.

Barnyard BOb -- over 50 years of successful flight