Old June 5th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Special laptop hard drive for aircraft use

On 2006-06-05, Stubby wrote:
Has anyone actually had "altitude problems" with standard disks? In 10
years of being a road warrior, I never did. My understanding is that
modern disks have the heads riding in contact with the surface.

Modern disk heads still fly and are not in contact with the disk
surface. However, I've not experienced problems at cabin altitudes of
11,500 feet. Hard disks are absolutely fine in an airliner cabin which
is generally pressurised to a cabin altitude of 5000-7000 feet.