Old August 28th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Default Private airport insurance?

Jeff wrote:

What is sad is that having a private field SHOULDN'T leave you open to any
liability (short of advertising an airfield and digging a ditch down the
middle to intentionally cause accidents). Short of something that nuts, why
would you as a property owner be liable if I can't control my airplane?
Lawyers suck.

Here in Montana the legislature this year ammended an existing law that
now says an owner of a private airport cannot be sued if a pilot crashes
on this private airport. As long as it is a non commercial aircraft
operation the airport owner is untouchable. Now the airport owner no
longer has to have you sign a release in advance to protect himself.