Old March 21st 18, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flarm collision alert from Tow Plane ADS-B

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 2:16:55 PM UTC-6, Dirk_PW wrote:
Campbell,

Please post what you get back from LXNav about the handling of FLARM alerts. I doubt the ADS-B alerts are a concern, but regular mode-C equipped gliders flying with you will 'jam' your vario (i.e. you can't push any buttons to get rid of the alert short of turning off the alerts entirely from the config page - or having your buddy turn off their xpdr). BTW, that is exactly how I am solving this problem, I've turned off FLARM alerts on the vario. I have a FLARM LED and an Oudie still getting FLARM inputs so I don't really need it displayed on the vario also. It is unfortunate because I like the way the S80 displays FLARM and ADS-B targets that are not an immediate threat. Hopefully they can offer a suppression mechanism (for mode-c xpdr traffic specifically) in a future software release. I have been very impressed with their customer support so far.

I have provided details of the ADS-B Flarm alert problem to both Flarm and LXVav. I'll let you know what they say on this problem.