Old November 13th 03, 08:39 PM
Ralph Savelsberg

Rob van Riel wrote:

I know, modern is not usually applied to the F-4, but there are still
modernization projects carried out of these old planes, variants like
the Israeli Kurnas 2000, the Japanese F-4EJ Kai, the German update
that provided AMRAAM capability, and probably several others. Does
anyone know of a reference that covers these updated Phantom variants?
Most of what I see around here doesn't cover technical changes after
about 1980, maybe 85, and then concentrates on Wild Weasels and ANG
birds.

Thanks

Rob

I can perhaps be of help regarding books:

Airtime Publishing has released a new updated and expanded edition of
their book "Phantom, Spirit in the Skies" ISBN 1-880588-31-5
It contains a lengthy chapter on current F-4 operators and modern
versions (the chapter is based on an article that appeared in volume 40
of World Air Power Journal).

A few year ago, Key Publishing published an Airforces monthly special
called "Phantom, A tribute to the F-4 Phantom combat fighter" ISBN
0-946219-46-X which contains pretty much the same info.

Hope this helps,
Ralph Savelsberg