Old January 5th 04, 08:02 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 21:13:25 -0800, Jeff wrote:

I am ready for winter to be over.

Over?

It hasn't even started yet, except by the calendar. The two coldest
months and three heaviest snow producers are still ahead of us up
here.

the strong winds aloft are a killer when your ready to get back home.

This morning I flew my wifes brother and his wife back to Casa Grande
Az. from Las Vegas, getting down there was pretty quick, hour and 45
minutes, getting back was 2 hours and 15 minutes. My worst GS was when I
climed to 10.5 to go over a mountain near kingman Az, I thought I was
sucking with my 130 kt GS at 8500 ft, at 10.5 I was getting a
blistering 117 kts!!!!!

Wait till you catch a 100 knot plus wind. :-))
We took off out of Marysvill KS a few years back with winds 30 G 50
right down the runway. At 500 feet we had well over 100 knots of tail
wind headed east. We sure did make good time getting out of there.
That wind stayed with us for about a 150 miles. We still had a 40
know tail wind once out in the clear and up at 7500 feet .

I think it's time to plug in the old Tanis heater. Forecast is for
highs in the single digits to low teens for most of the week. Lows?
:-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com