Old July 10th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Haley

Default Colibri and Dynon

At 22:12 09 July 2008, Paul Smith wrote:
Has anyone set-up a Colibri feeding NMEA to a Dynon? Specifically have

you
worked out what combination of NMEA sentences are required to get the
Dynon
(D10A) HSI to display in full? I'm getting the GPS positional
information, but not information relating to next waypoint in a task.

Havent done any real life investigation but did investigate when I was
thnking of buying a dynon. You need
$GPRMC = (position, velocity, time)
$GPRMB = Route Info
$GPGGA = essential fix data which provide 3D location and accuracy data

and one of

$GPBOD = Bearing - Origin to Destination shows the bearing angle of the
line, calculated at the origin waypoint, extending to the destination
waypoint from the origin waypoint for the active navigation leg of the
journey
or
$GPAPB =Autopilot format B

I know that the LX outputs neither of the last two and am fairly sure that
neither does the colibri.
Turning on RMB may just help

rgds
Stephen