Old July 24th 16, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Kinsell[_2_]

Default Boost PowerFLARM Range with Better Antenna?

You've got ADSB horizontal and vertical range set to max. Since you're
generally dealing with 250 watt transponders, yes you can get incredible
range. But for collision avoidance, it's ridiculous. Do you really want
to see an airliner four miles above you at 50 miles? Cut it down to
something more reasonable like 10,000 and 1000 meters, keep your display
zoomed in to 5 miles or less, and concentrate on collision avoidance.

Maybe if the hardware is not processing so many irrelevant targets, it
will perform better with the close in FLARM traffic.

-Dave

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:05:01 -0700, bythesea1234 wrote:

So 2 of us have FLARM CORE - and we put it in Stealth a long time ago
and then back to normal - but when we get about 1 or 2 miles apart the
other glider disappears - I can see 747's but can't see the other
glider? any suggestions? here is my config

$PFLAC,S,DEF $PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT2,71 $PFLAC,S,BAUD2,2 $PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT1,71
$PFLAC,S,BAUD1,2 $PFLAC,S,RANGE,65535 $PFLAC,S,VRANGE,500
$PFLAC,S,ADSBRANGE,65535 $PFLAC,S,ADSBVRANGE,65535
$PFLAC,S,PCASRANGE,7000 $PFLAC,S,PCASVRANGE,600 $PFLAC,S,MODEC,0
$PFLAC,S,OWNMODEC,0 $PFLAC,S,PCASCALIBRATION,30 $PFLAC,S,XPDR,2
$PFLAC,S,MODESALT,0 $PFLAC,S,PCASBEEP,1 $PFLAC,S,PCASPFLAU1,0
$PFLAC,S,PCASPFLAU2,0 $PFLAC,S,AUDIOOUT,0 $PFLAC,S,AUDIOVOLUME,100
$PFLAC,S,ACFT,1 $PFLAC,S,PILOT,William Hanson $PFLAC,S,LOGINT,4
$PFLAC,S,GLIDERID,N723PJ $PFLAC,S,GLIDERTYPE,Pegase 101A
$PFLAC,S,COMPCLASS,Standard $PFLAC,S,COMPID,WH $PFLAC,S,PRIV,0
$PFLAC,S,NOTRACK,0

WH