Old November 4th 17, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Train Wreck

On Friday, November 3, 2017 at 9:43:09 PM UTC-4, Josh Fletcher wrote:
Joined SSA when I was 16, 29 years ago...... I will have no more of
it... Good job SSA!

And the numbers continue to plummet.........

--
Josh Fletcher

I have to admit I'm curious as to what you have read here would make you decide to no longer be an SSA member.
A committee of SSA members, elected by SSA members, took on the task of revisiting how we select our teams going to the WGC. In doing so they went to great lengths to understand how other countries select their teams, including face to face interviews with several. Additionally they gathered insights from many current and former team members.
Out of that, a new process grew.
They followed that process and did not interject themselves into it.
One individual has chosen to make claims of "cronyism" and maybe some other malfeasance because he did not get selected to the team he wanted to be on..
This thread is a result of his being called out for his ways of communicating his unhappiness.
Maybe it would be possible for you to explain why you give up on the whole organization over this.
Respectfully
UH