Old July 13th 04, 08:22 PM
rstro

I really don't think Dr Strangelove should even be considered, although I
love the movie--the flight scenes were pretty awful-although Kubrick did rec
kudos for the detail in the cockpits--as SAC would not lend any tech
assistance--I would vote for A Gathering of Eagles--SAC provided all it
could to the filmakers....

"Matt Wiser" wrote in message news:40f3f82f@bg2....

Which depiction of the B-52 in the movies is the most realistic for the

time
the movie is set? There are two main contenders-Dr. Strangelove with a

high
altitude penetration, then low, then high again to drop the weapon; and By
Dawn's Early light-which had a Buff drop a (presumed) retarded

single-megaton
weapon to kill a pair of MiG-25s-the weapon was dropped before the Buff

cleared
a ridge, and the other side of the ridge shielded the plane from the

blast.
(A third Foxbat was killed by the Buff's gunner) Any other depictions of
B-52s in the movies out there?