Old June 18th 04, 03:19 PM
Stealth Pilot

Default BD5 question

was the undercarriage design for the BD5 a competent design?

I know all about the deficiencies in the 5 (I even still got the info
pack :-) ) but in all the kerfuffel I've never heard a single bad word
about Jim's undercarriage design.

The design buzzing around in my head at the moment would work quite
well with something similar. was there a drawing of the design or was
it one of the prebuilt parts? I wouldnt mind a copy of that part of
the plans if anyone has a copy.

[ I know that the BD5 design was stuffed for lack of a motor.
the jabiru 2200 weighs the same as a two stroke two cylinder rotax
and is only 22 1/2 inches wide. sticks out about 80hp continuous.
one wonders....]

Stealth Pilot
Australia