Old April 13th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Default UAVs - a growing midair concern?

"jcarlyle" wrote in message
Hi, Fred,

Thanks for taking the time to write. Let me state up front that I've
held a number of high level security clearances, so you don't have to
worry about me being a bad guy.

Your comments on the SkySeer seem way off base. These little 4 pound
whizzies are being used over state forests, and they certainly could
be a threat to glider pilots flying ridges. I'd bet big bucks that
these little babies don't have the same see and be seen abilities that
you claim for the Predator, nor would I expect that their operators/
pilots would be as well trained as Predator pilots.

OK--enlighten me----please.

What is a 4 pound Sky Seer looking for over State Forests? Insect damage
like the Pine Beetle? Fire?
If it does not have super vision what can it see over a forest? What would
it be looking for over a ridge?

Why are you flying a glider at 200 ft over a forest?

Thanks

Hartley Falbaum USA