Old October 28th 16, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FLARM A minimum spacing to ADS-B Antenna? 1 foot !?!?

On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 3:35:04 PM UTC-4, OHM Ω wrote:
Bump-man, Craggy,

I had no clue of the **VAST** power difference between FLARM and ADS-B. Something on the order of 1/10,000 the power (100w/10mw)?? Wow. Really brings home that the FLARM antenna placement needs to be as optimized as humanly possible.

Thanks, John "OHM"

In 27 and 29 I found high in the center above the glare shield gets the best result. Antenna lead wire to the rear is better than the side. Antenna mounted at aft edge of glare shield with 3/4 inch square Velcro. I don't like the view but have gotten to where I don't really notice it.
B antenna mounted on the aft canopy frame seems to also add to pattern. It is mounted with small Velcro squares and wire retained with 1/4 inch wide Velcro strips to allow pull away.
ADSB antenna up front under the glare shield.
FWIW
UH