Old May 16th 05, 09:22 PM
Andy

So despite the various arguments I think it's going to come down to
whether the FAA considers a glider to be a powered aircraft. (Note I
said glider, not motor glider, since the issued rating is glider not
motor glider). The FAA defines a glider, and that definition allows the
use of power, but not as the primary means of flight. I could not find
an FAA definition of "powered aircraft" although there are definitions
of several subordinates, including powered parachutes.

Anyway perhaps Greg K now has a feel for the sort of
argument/discussion he is likely to get into when he seeks an official
interpretation.

As a practical matter has anyone seen a 337 for a tow hook installation
on a motor glider, or a U.S. registered motor glider with a tow hook
(on the aft end)?

Andy