Old September 13th 05, 03:18 AM
Mike Rapoport

No, it is not a slide in replacement. The pinouts are different. You can
simply move the pins if you can borrow the pin extractor tool. The tool is
pretty simple and you could make one or get by without but it is easier with
the tool. See http://www.aeroelectric.com/Installation_Data for the
pinouts.

Mike
MU-2

"Roy Page" wrote in message
link.net...
Our King KT76 transponder has gone down, but I have a KT76A !
A friend has advised that a KT76A is a slide in replacement for the KT76.
I doubt that he is correct, but I am sure the knowledgeably guys and gals
on this net will know the answer.

Assuming that I can't use the KT76A I would appreciate any recommendations
for a repair station that does not have $$$ss$$$ for glasses.

Thank all,

Roy
N5804F