Old June 5th 07, 02:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Marvel

Default what is the trail left behind in a jets wake

wrote in message
Chemistry--
The COMPLETE combustion of a hydrocarbon fuel like gasoline or jet fuel
(kerosene) produces only heat, carbon dioxide, and water. However there
are gotchas like incomplete combustion, additives to the fuel, sulfur or
other contaminants of the feedstock which wasn't distilled out of the
fuel, etc.. Also, when air is the oxidant, some nitrogen will be oxidized
to various, mostly harmful, nitrogen oxides (NOx). For example, the
combustion of methane in air will yield, in addition to the major products
of carbon dioxide and water, the minor products which include carbon
monoxide, hydroxyl, nitrogen oxides, monatomic hydrogen, and monatomic
oxygen.

"baldrick" wrote in message
news
Contrail:- Condensation trail the water vapour in the exhaust
condenses out and if the conditions are right it freezes instantly.
hey presto Contrail.

Thanks for the "Rest of the story"
Next time I am asked I will look smarter than the scarecrow.

And yea,
I heard about chemtrails in a song on a CD called Hungry Ghost, they were
going on about it like a conspiracy or something.
There were many weird freaked out songs on that album.