Old May 20th 13, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rtr

Default Accelerated Glider Add-On

I'm a PP-ASEL. I've been wanting to get into soaring for some time now. It appears that it will take quite a while with the local club to get an add-on complete, likely the rest of the summer. They only have one two-place glider and it's quite popular on the weekends.

I'm considering doing a quick add-on at a commercial place. Meet the PTS minimums, take the checkride, and have the formal stuff taken care of. That way I could come back and focus on learning art of the sport from the experienced guys in the club, most of which aren't CFI's.

So, any recommendations for places? Preferably some place with a DPE on staff or on call, I'd like to get it done in two or three days.