Old June 22nd 04, 08:16 PM
Regnirps

Paul Housley wrote:

A while ago, I saw video footage of a bomb being released from a
fighter-bomber under test conditions. It was on an aviation
documentary. The high speed camera then shows it climb up and destroy
the tailplane. I don't think they quite got their trajectory calcs
right!

I have also seen something. A Fantom (?) or the like and two chase planes.
Debris or the bomb (missile?) also hits one of the chase planes and it is
destroyed. This was part of a series of accident studies including an F-16
landing with a wheel missing or locked up main gear. The guy ejects after the
F-16 safely comes to a stop, perhaps fearing a collapse and fire.

-- Charlie Springer