Old May 25th 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default SUA airspace format

Hi,

TNP (Tim Newport-Peace) format airspace files are normally saved with the
".sua" file extension. They are sometimes saved with the ".txt" file
extension.

There is no such thing as an "SUA" airspace file format.

OpenAir airspace files are usually saved with the ".txt" file extension.

Both OpenAir and TNP airspace files should included information on the file
type in the file header.

The TNP airspace format seems to be less popular around the world than the
OpenAir format. The OpenAir format is supplied by more contest organizers
than the TNP files. That is a shame since it is easy to convert from
OpenAir to TNP using StrePla.

The Naviter (SeeYou) ".cub" airspace format is also supplied by many contest
organizers.

I would be very surprised if the LK8000 software does not support the
OpenAir format, but I don't know much about that software.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message
Can anybody point me at a definition of the SUA airspace file format,
please?

LK8000 uses it, but so far I haven't been able to find the UK airspace in
SUA format, so its looking more and more as if I'll have to convert a TNP
or OpenAir file to SUA.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK