Old August 3rd 12, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith[_2_]

Default Hello? Any oldtimers around?

On 2012-07-24, Vaughn wrote:
I recently bought the new $199.00 Google Nexus7 8" pad. It is a
candidate to replace the Ipad that I have been flying with. So far, I
have confirmed that (unlike my Ipad) it has an excellent GPS built in.

The iPad 3 seems to have an excellent GPS. At least SkyDemon works from
an aisle seat on a Boeing 777 on an iPad 3.

Tablets in general will be the death knell for Garmin and their ilk
unless the dedicated aviation GPS makers really up their game. A tablet
with SkyDemon is so much better than anything I've used in dedicated
handheld GPS form, it's less expensive even with the subscription, and
it can also be used for other things too.