Old September 15th 10, 07:46 PM
jason219 jason219 is offline
Junior Member

Default Question About Mid-Air Collisions

Hello everyone. I'm preparing a mock press conference for one of my college classes. In my particular scenario, I am the public relations head of a top international airliner.

Three hours into the flight, one of our planes was involved in a mid-air collision (whether it was with another aircraft or another object, I am not sure). The plane is still airborne but is only able to fly higher and to the right. All attempts to make a left turn or decrease altitude have failed.

I need some expert knowledge on what would happen in this situation. Judging by the damage, is it possible to land the plane safely? Is an emergency landing feasible? If so, what would the steps necessary be to execute it and how long (roughly) would that take?

Thank you for your help!