Old October 22nd 04, 10:09 PM
José Herculano

he left that country. I have heard from fighter guys that in close while
the
motor is running that the buff can be a formibidal weapon that can make a
pretty good turn. But then they were probably looking for an excuse to use
the
thing. It wasn't designed for the close in fight but only as a back up to
something better.

And it has one BIG fragmentation warhead. There are some pretty wild claims
on that book about multiple kills with a single missile. Like Iraqis flying
close formation and the missile bagging the leader AND the wingman. Sounds
fishy to me, but...

But even when the motor is spent, that thing is coming balistic at you at
Mach 4 plus... it should be hard to vacate its ballpark. I heard the thing
does 18 G turns while motoring.
José Herculano