Old July 24th 03, 08:04 AM
BRUCE FRANK

Rich,

All I was doing was offering a relatively straight forward mod of the fuel
system that will prevent fuel blocking vapor lock. I know of several home
builders who have made similar mods to their fuel system to assure trouble
free operation. Heck, I have read stories of low wing aircraft vapor locking
on 100LL, so avgas is not the panacea for a system running hot and high.

Bruce A. Frank

"Rich S." wrote in message
"BRUCE FRANK" wrote in message
What kind of plane? snip.....

Bruce..............

Read the post again. If you are *absolutely* sure that "YOUR ENGINE" will
not vapor lock - have a ball. Burn kerosene if'n you want. If you have the
slightest doubt, put in 100 LL fer chissake. I'm trying to prevent anyone
else in this group from having a problem.

Repeat - I am not trying to start an argument about autofuel. I am trying

warn those folks who have been happily burning car gas (as I was) at low
altitudes and moderate temperatures. It ain't gonna freakin' work at

10,000'
when you can fry eggs on the cowling.

Rich S.