Old January 12th 11, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim Wilkins

Default China's stealth jet -J-20

On Jan 12, 5:13*pm, Andrew Swallow wrote:
..
Shortwave can reach spy central near Moscow.

Andrew Swallow-

Try Switzerland. They used cutouts and communicated in English to mask
the source and destination.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Roessler
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venona_project

As a kid I had a similar wire antenna (hidden in the closet, of
course) to receive Radio Moscow on my ancient Hallicrafters S-40B.
http://www.antiqueradio.org/halli02.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_of_Russia

I never believed them but it was interesting to see what they
considered important or not, and I like Russian music. The BBC World
Service had the best international news for events not involving
Britain.