Old March 4th 18, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Stress/Anxiety Driven Accidents

On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 1:14:38 PM UTC-8, wrote:

During a debrief, I've been telling students what to correct based on what I was seeing. The better
approach is to understand what they were seeing and why they took a particular action. If "tunnel
vision" is a factor, a different teaching approach is required.

There's likely something interesting or unique near the approach end of the runway. Ask the student if they saw it. And shortly after the student has "mastered" landings, ask them to look at things to the sides while on final. How else will they be able to react to a runway incursion and land at a different spot.

5Z