Old June 2nd 18, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Daniel Sazhin[_2_]

Default 126 Championships

Hey Roy,

1) Can you notice a difference between the early and late ships?

The heavier 126s do climb a little bit worse and run a bit faster. I don't believe it makes a notable competitive difference. Some pilots swear by one or the other; I think it's more how the ship suits the pilot's flying style.

Run what you brung!

2) Can clubs field competitive 126s?

YES!!!

Clubs can and absolutely should have clubmembers participate. This is a great way to introduce new folks into the sport and a great way to promote cross country flying.

You can make the glider quiet, handle better and climb better with a couple rolls of 3m 35 electrical tape. I sorta have a reputation for that .

All the best,
Daniel