View Single Post
Old August 22nd 18, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Sailplane Canopy

Is it possible to get a moderator to send a pm to someone? Some of you have you're contact email in you're title. When I first posted with questions regarding transparencies a guy by the name of Gram Drinkell wrote that he knows of a Libelle Canopy that can be had for around $500.00 he only mentioned the City Name where they're made. I searched the Internet and found names for at least most aviation companies in that city.

I posted another with Gram's name in the Subject but this man has yet to respond. Gram please save me the trouble and cost of numerous International calls with Skype in hopes of finding the company you mentioned... I'll do it don't get me wrong. I'll send handwritten letters if I must. Don't think I won't. I found a company that's got a 301 mold and a 301 could be had from them for a little less than 1,000.

They could do a 201 but would need to make the plug and or mold and they quoted 2,000 for that. Such is searching for components for restoration of a Libelle that may need a lot of work. Want to keep costs in check from the start. If I could afford Macaplex I'd likely go that route. If I could afford Macaplex I would be able to afford to trial and error my way through producing my own canopy as well.

Graaaaaam!