Old October 3rd 18, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Glider crash near Reno September 2nd 2018 (retitled from "yesterday"

True, many places out of the US use a different format for date (my wife programs for databases worldwide, I get to hear that often.....).
Just like RS-232, there are many standards.

As to mandates, I have ridden motorcycles for 40+ years, I hate mandatory helmet laws, but unless putt-putting in the driveway, I always wear a helmet.

Guess some of this falls under "anti authority" which is a knock in the training that is covered being a CFI of any type.