Old July 19th 19, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Antennae

On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 4:19:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
While they are building it, it would be neat if they could put some non-carbon antenna windows in the belly and top for these?

While we are talking about building it right in the first place: There are many issues with long air tubes connecting a TE probe (typically back in the tail) and the vario(s). How come I havn't seen a vario design that puts the pressure sensor near the probe, and connects that to the panel part of the vario via electrical wires instead of air tubes? You'd want to build that with a way to access the pressure sensing unit for future maintenance or replacement. The sensor does not need to be immediately adjacent to the probe, could be down near the tailwheel, or somewhat more forward in the tailcone, wherever access can be arranged.