Old February 6th 20, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Glider electrics etc

On Thu, 06 Feb 2020 09:32:50 -0800, crosscountryboxco wrote:

Thanks !
What about cutting and reconnecting (quick disconnect) the GPS antenna
wires. What connector would you use ?

I suppose that depends on what you're connecting the GPS antenna to and
what sort of connection it uses.

My RedBox FLARM has a BNF socket for the GPS puck connection. The
supplied puck had way to much wire for my installation, so I cut the wire
on a Gilsson puck down to 150mm (6") and soldered a right-angle BNF plug
onto it. The FLARM system works perfectly.

OTOH my EW logger uses a small brass? gold-plated? screw-on antenna
connection. I didn't have ant replacements, so this time I wound the
excess cable up into a neat 'donut' secured with a couple of cable ties,
clipped the supplied ferrite core over the logger end, connected it all
up and again it works very well.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org