Old June 29th 04, 11:18 PM
Dave S

It could be done.. but the question is WHY? Who would want to buy such a
thing (besides you)? I doubt there is enough of a market to make such a
device worth the production cost. You can't use a portable device for
legal IFR, whereas the panel mount devices can be...

Dave

Mini Moebius wrote:
I know some pannel mount GSP units have VOR capability (not sure if
its internal or interfaces with transiever). Anyway people make
portable transceivers with VOR, and portable GPS units with VOR
databases but I have yet to see a GPS unit that does VOR. I would
think it would be pretty easy to integrate a transceiver into a
portable GPS. Does anyone make such a beast? I dont care if it ends
up being twice as big.