Old April 17th 04, 12:39 AM
Lennie the Lurker

Tony Verhulst wrote in message ...

Whatever. It was a poor post.

IT was also addressed to finley, and a bit milder than I could have
been, while not even feeling bad about it.

Soaring has left you bitter and that's unfortunate.

Don't blame the activity, a minority of fatheaded soaring people are
to blame. For two and a half years I put up with and tried to fight
off the snide comments about my plane and where it would lead me, then
decided being in a bad mood all the time wasn't worth it. No sense in
thinking about a good day, when you knew there was a 90% chance that a
fat ego with a big mouth was going to destroy it for you. Better to
have an average day and not go anywhere.

I'm damn proud of the things I do and do well, even more so that if
someone has a real need, and no money, I can do it as a freebie. I
feel far better having the skills and being able to use them to
benefit than I do about having the skill to fly, and knowing that
there is no benefit.