Old April 20th 19, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Default Sun Protection While Soaring - UPF 50+ Clothing

On Friday, April 19, 2019 at 11:10:53 AM UTC-5, wrote:
OK, thanks will do....
On the subject.....experiencing multiple mohs surgeries....I was curious and purchased a UV meter to check levels under canopies. The meters are made by a physics professor/engineer who does consulting work on light transmissions. He educated me that UV does not transits mediums to any concerning levels.
His meter proved him correct after checking levels under new thru 40 year old canopies. I found another source with numbers and his meters seem to be correct.
So, watch out when in direct sunlight. No worries under cover. The heat you feel is IR, both UV and IR reflects. I was surprised how much leaves block.
I would be interested in reading any info that counters my understanding.
Lets see what’s new in Colibre fashions.
Cheers,

Do you know if the meter measured both UVA and UVB?