Old March 4th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Cloud type pictures

On Mar 3, 8:24 pm, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Mar 3, 7:33 pm, smithcorp wrote:

G'day all,

With this group's previous advice, I bought some books on weather for
soaring (my copy of Wallington sadly went astray in the post),
including Pagen. This last is a good book and I found it very useful,
but in my copy, the black and white photos of cloud examples had such
poor contrast that they were next to useless.

I've been trying to find an online source for photos of typical cloud
types, without much luck. Can anyone recommend a site please? I'm not
looking for photos of extreme weather, but just reference photos of
typical cloud types that i can keep with this book.

thanks in advance

smith

try:

http://www.weatherworks.com/products...oud-poster.jpg