Old July 2nd 05, 11:59 AM
kontiki

M wrote:
Anyone worries about what the rising avgas price to the light plane
ownership in the U.S? I have absolutely no doubt that the average
avgas price will surpass $5/gallon in about 5 years. We'll probably
see a significant drop of GA flying, along with a big drop of the value
of used airplanes. It's really depressing just to think about it.

I have another take on all this. High AVGAS prices mean high mo-gas
prices also. When you look at the time wasted and fuel burned
driving long distances on clogged roads these days, airplanes start
looking pretty good in comarison.

Personally I hate driving and don't mind paying a premium over mogas
to get there direct in 1/3 of the time. Driving (to me) is frustrating
where flying is not at all. There will always be people out there
that want to travel quickly and escape the masses on the highways.