Old June 24th 18, 09:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Libelle

Found a Libelle 301 for an asking of 8,000 that needs work but no damage history. It's my understanding that the 201 is preferable to the 301 though because of an improved airfoil, debatably materials not that balsa is bad, and better air brakes? Am I off base in this info? The 301 has flaps though as well no? I've seen a retrofit kit that improved the air brakes on another ship. Is that not possible on the Libelle too? Anyway I know a bit on these but not everything. To be honest I'd like to pay the 1,500 to just take the thing apart and see how it was made. I've never even seen one of these in person. I welcome comments, advice, and support. Thanks!