Old October 14th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

Default More political BS .... Thanks CNN

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:28:19 +0000, Flyin'8 wrote:

The max altitude through the VFR airway is 1100 ft. Kinda difficult to do
2000ft if the maximum allowed VFR is 1100 ft.

It is not correct that the maximum allowed VFR is 1100 ft.

[If I were Steve I'd stop now. I can see the temptation sometimes laugh.]

I've flown over the East River VFR before at 2000 (or perhaps a little
higher). It just involves talking to one of the nice controllers at LGA.

I'm sure you - and any other pilot - know this; you were just being a
little lazy with your terminology. But who knows: some reporter might
read this thread someday.

I'd hate for us to be responsible for more misinformation. That would
make us no better than many politicians.

- Andrew